Pages

Monday, August 6, 2012

Getting my classroom prep on!

Today was a "blah" day, so I decided to turn it into a "get a few things ready for school" day. I worked on a back to school pirate glyph, a little mini first week theme I am doing this year, along with my standard frog theme (no real connection, I just found some cute pirate-y stuff and thought, why not and they both like water?) Anyway, I saw this flannel pirate on pinterest  and thought, I could SO turn that into a glyph. For those who may not know a glyph is basically a picture used to represent information. So for my pirate glyph, I took the parts of the pirate and made them represent different pieces of information I wanted the students to communicate. This is the direction sheet, which I had a lot of fun creating, maybe a little too much fun....

The font I used was "pieces of eight" from daFont . I just have to photocopy and tweak the little pirate guy next week and it will be good to go! I also started making my locker labels, in black chevron, from  a freebie I found on TpT.

If you use my glyph, just let me know in the comments and tell me what you think!
Now it's no longer a blah day!!!

1 comment: