Pages

Tuesday, September 4, 2012

First Day

I did it! Another first day under my belt. Woot! I have a couple unique children, a few sweethearts, and a few monkeys! I think once they understand the expectations and the "rules" it will go better for all of us! I was given a 25th student unexpectedly this morning so that was a little bit of a mad scramble, but God is good and knows all things because I have one student who will not be in school until next week, so a desk was all ready there and supplies were there too! PHEW. Then I had to teach and try to get certain things put together by the end of the day, but my grade one colleagues have "trained" these kids well and they were happily reading for 20 minutes this afternoon, so it was all good and a pretty pleasant day.I'm tired, but not exhausted as I have been in the past, and I am ready to tackle another day (not quite right away, but after a good sleep).

I spent some time after school, as I usually do on the first day, talking with other teachers (who were still there) and finding out how their day went. I also like finding out how my former students are doing. It's nice to just chat and see what surprised, challenged, and delighted them. The first day is all about impressions and we all try to make lasting ones, and the kids do to. Not that they try, necessarily, but there are always those that stick out right away for whatever reason!

I am thankful that I made a dinner yesterday that would produce leftovers for today and tomorrow so I didn't have to think about cooking tonight! I will post pictures of some of our first day projects tomorrow, as some are not quite done, or put up (I may be good, but not that good).

So now to sit, relax, or go for a walk...I'm not sure what will win out tonight.
And now my first Linky... not quite sure how to...but I will try. It looks like an awesome one!


2 comments:

  1. A new student! Oh my! Do you need the crayons back!?!?!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No, I still had one extra...but I asked Gertie for something and got the "teachers order their own stuff" answer....haha

      Delete